Sunday, August 12, 2007

New Bike Review


After a long expectation. Finally… i can test this war machine. No pre test, no warming up & no doubt. On 2 pm, 10/8 2007 with my friend, Hilla, and also my father try to rumble the new place behind my new warehouse. Its half pipe ground with little rock, bushes and bamboo trees. Never done like this before, i try to make jump on this new playground and … i failed! T_T. I get stratch on my left hand but everything is ok. After it, we decided to search new (and more fun) playground. On northen of Banyuwangi, about 400m fsl, we found a fun place. Yeah, no jumps or drop off, its only single track, wet soil covered with leaves butt… the fun things is… its really steep down so i can gain more speed, in the end of descending i must pull my brake! Hard right corner! No berm!
First try everything is under control until the cornering section comes. I get too fast so i loose my line, but everything still ok, no crash. Second try… Third try…. I don’t remember how many i try and going better, and going better everytime i try. On the last run, when the day going dark, i try to push harder to myself. I keep pedaling on every descending until its makes me fly on last steepest descending, im sure my speed its about 45-50 mph at that section, and when my tire touch ground again i do a late braking before the hard right corner, everything done well, i makes a big drift on turn, keep my speed and line, but i think the leaves on ground and hard corner without berm makes my fantastic action belongs to disaster. In the end of turn i cant stop my drift action, speed still high at that section and the brakes doesn’t helps anymore. Big slide at max speed, almost over the bar action, thanks i can stop my bike, but i still cant stop! I let my new bike hit the ground so hard, and i fly then run before stuck on a slice of log! Poor guy! Cant you do a better way to crash?!?!? T_T
Fiuhhhh… thanks God im ok. Thanks to my knee protector that really works to safe me from my sharp pedals, my google from bushes and my gloves from sharp cutten trees. Its just little impact to my rib, couple of red line on my right hand and left shoulder. No problem, i still can walk and go home…

On this test, I really satisfied with my new bike performance. Rolling so fast and faster on descend, so smooth on corner, stable, ultimate rear suspension performance and overall I can say that all you have to do is just let the bike works for you. This bike amazingly can handle rough terain with loose rock without "bumpy" action, i dont belive the rear travel only 6 inch, its like 7 inch travel, i feel my tire always kiss the ground hardly. Fantastic middle sus travel bike for me.

1 comment: